From the 27th July – 12th August 2012, the eyes of the sporting world will be on London. Like the last three Games in Sydney, Athens and Beijing, SportsLink International will be there, providing the opportunity for sports fans to see this amazing event. Our tours cater specifically for the family and friends of the athletes from Australia and New Zealand, but supporters of any sport or country are welcome to join us in London. Download our full brochures below
Bookings continue to come in, with some rooms already sold out. So far we have bookings from supporters from every state in Australia, plus New Zealand and Europe in order to follow sports including Hockey, Water Polo, Swimming, Rowing, Basketball & Triathlon. Virtually every hotel in London are now either sold out, way out of town, or ridiculously expensive
With accommodation at a premium during this time, we have secured a number of properties at relatively good rates. We have a full range of accommodation options including hotel rooms, apartments, hostels and even camping to suit a variety of tastes and budgets. These are all in limited supply and demand for some (in particular apartments), will definitely outstrip supply, so it is important to get in early to secure your spot.
While we have had a substantial number of bookings, we have the following rooms still available:
- The Leonard Residence Apartments. 3 & 2 bedroom apartments for first 7 days only (27th July – 2nd August)
- City Hotel London. We have 2 Triples, 2 quad and 1 family rooms available. Twin/doubles can be upgraded to one of these rooms
- Belgrave House Hotel. While we do have availability in our basic rooms, we only have 2 or less rooms of the following types left for our ensuite rooms – Twin, triple, quad, studio apartments.
Being such a high profile event with huge demand for accommodation, all properties and service providers charge a premium for the event, with prices normally at least 3 to 5 times the normal cost. Despite this, our packages are up to 1/5 or less of the price of the official tours and is consistently amongst the lowest prices for any tours to this event. Packages start from as low as $650 for a 7 night tour
While we cant guarantee that one of your friends or loved ones will be selected for London, what we can do is guarantee that you wont lose all your money if they don’t end up competing. We understand that many people only wish to travel to London in order to support their son/daughter, husband/wife, friend or family member. We GUARANTEE TO REFUND AT LEAST 75% OF YOUR PACKAGE PRICE if you decide not to go. For more detail, check the brochure
- Choice of apartment, hotel, hostel or camping accommodation
- Choice of 17, 10 or 7 nights packages
- 24 hour access to SportsLink International function centre
- “Benchwarmers” Tour – 17 nights (27th July to 12th August)
- “Flying Start” Tour – 10 nights (27th July to 6th August).
- “Home Straight” Tour– Final 7 nights (6th to 13th August)
- Assistance with Event Ticketing (information or group bookings where available)
- Supporters merchandise (Shirts, bag, hat & flag)
- FREE UK Sim Card (just pay for calls, as little as 2c a minute for international calls!!)
- FREE London map
- FREE London Tube map
- Invitations to special events & functions + FREE ENTRY to parties
- Special Discounts up to 25% off at a range of local cafes, restaurants, bars and attractions
- 24/7 Support staff
- FREE Membership of SportsLink Travel Club
- FREE Photo CD of tour
- Travel Management and assistance prior to departure
- Day trips to sights such as Paris, Stonehenge, Bath and Oxford
- Golf days
- Extension tours of the UK/Europe.
- International flights
- Airport transfers (included in flight bookings)
AUSSIE SUPPORTERS KIWI SUPPORTERS